Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Essential Beauty Products Part II.

As my first post explains everything about a few beauty products that have proved to be completely trust-worthy and seem to suit me well, I am writing this next post as kind of a next chapter on what I call : "Essential Beauty Products". Part one speaks mostly about hair care items and fragrances, whereas this post will include all my daily makeup must-haves. I consider myself to be a person who follows routines quite often, and I really hate being taken by surprise. I like to be ready for what may come and this way, I know which (beauty) routines work best for me and my schedule. 








1. Revlon Photo Ready Liquid Foundation in Shell
I remember the first foundation I ever felt that was closer to my needs, Mary Kay in Ivory 200. It comes at a great price, goes on really smoothly, and actually fits my skin tone! The thing was, that when I ran out of this miraculous foundation, I was unable to buy it again immediately. So, I searched for similar tones in this AMAZING website called findation.com (you type in the brand and tone of the foundation which suits you best, and it gives you similar results in other brands)and got a lot of different results. I took a trip to my local Wal - Mart and bought this little guy (Revlon). Somehow, I always find that most foundations disappoint in some way or another. But being that this is the first time I've tried it, it has proven itself to be of great quality. It also glides on really smoothly and doesn't feel heavy on my skin at all. This is currently the one I'm using, but I think both the Revlon and the Mary Kay one fit me perfectly. 

2. MAC Cosmetics Full Lash Curler. 
Ok, I used to be the kind of girl who didn't buy into the hype of overestimated products. But this right here, yeah, this made me a believer. My friends, sister and cousins laugh at me all the time because I spent 20 dollars on this eyelash curler when supposedly "they all work the same...". This is probably the biggest misconception there is in the beauty world. News flash, it does make a difference. I really don't know what it is, but I'm not gonna question a good thing. So when all the other girls get "L" shaped eyelashes, I'm the one getting the last laugh.

3. MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Powder in C3
As I've mentioned before, I don't really have a lot of skin problems and acne's never been a real issue. So I find that putting on foundation and then setting it with this pressed powder usually does the trick. I love that it gives me an even skin color and contributes to a porcelain-like look. 

4. NARS blush in Orgasm. 
I had read such good reviews about this blush, that a few months ago I finally decided to try it out. I don't usually put much on, but it does give my cheeks a healthy glow. It's said to fit EVERY skin tone. Now, I don't know if this is true but it certainly does look good on mine. It's a peachy pink color with little gold highlights, and I have noticed it lasts a long time! No need to reapply this one! 

5. L'oreal Mascara Extension Tubes.
I discovered this mascara a few years back, and haven't been able to let it go. This thing right here, is the best. It's made up of two steps, although to be honest I only use the second one. But really, it works really well. It creates a sort of fake eyelashes look, and the best part I think, is that it doesn't smudge! At night, you need only rub some warm water against your lashes, and it will come right off. It doesn't leave that annoying black line around your eyes afterwards.  

6. MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick in Red. 
When I was younger I usually only wore lip gloss. I didn't really pay attention to lipstick much. But as I'm older now, I have developed a liking for it. My favorite color, will always be classic and bright red. This one from MAC is really good, because it goes on very smoothly. There is however, need to reapply after a few hours. But it's close to perfection. I think this fall and winter I will mix it up a little and start wearing darker shades, though. Like burgundy or plum. 

7. Benefit Coralista Gloss. 
This lip gloss, is part of a kit I bought in Sephora, which comes along with highlighter, blush and lip stain. It's really small, but it's lasted up until now (I bought it a year ago) and I think the soft color is adorable. I normally take it out of the kit and carry it in my purse. I'm really considering buying it in it's original size and trying out their other colors. The texture is pretty nice, it's not gooey at all. Benefit is a very cool brand (how awesome are their packages?!)and I think I may be falling in love with it. 


This makes the second part of my "Essential Beauty Products". These are normally the items I use daily, and that have proven to be infallible. Which are some of yours? Have you tried these products before? See you next time!

*kisskiss* - Adrienne. 


No comments:

Post a Comment